While sitting on my couch after putting my son to bed and watching my wife put together her new sewing machine I got this idea that I should blog about my experience over in Afghanistan. Well to be completely honest it wasn't the first time I thought of doing something like this. When I was in basic training I read a book about a soldier that has the same job as I do and I thought the dude sounded and acted like a little girl and wrote a horrible book. At that moment I thought I should write a book about my army experience. Well I started jotting down things every time I went to Yakima. Then when my unit went to NTC (national training center) at Fort Irwin, California I kept a journal the whole time. Well i was going to do the same but I know my self and I doubt i would be able to write stuff down and save it the whole deployment so I thought a blog would be better. Also now that the deployment is nearing i have been trying to figure out how I am going to keep my family and friends up to date on whats going on during the 9 months that I am gone and this blog seemed the best way. So I will keep this up to date as much as I can from now till I leave and as much as possible when I am over there!
A Soldiers Son Turned Soldier......
Danny
No comments:
Post a Comment